The remote meeting was called to order at 6:32 PM.
Present: Laura Lawson Tucker, Judith Serkin, Lynn Green, Cathi Wilken, Richard Wizansky, Nika Fotopulos, John Shaw
Minutes of meeting of July 20, 2020: Approved
Presentation of Library Addition Draft Design by Isaac Wagner and Robin Sweetapple:
Robin and Isaac discussed the draft design and site plan for the library addition and presented drawings. They described the constraints associated with constructing an addition. The constraints include the location of the well and those posed by historic preservation regulations. Nonetheless, they believe they have created a workable design that adapts to the constraints and creates opportunities for a comfortable, lovely and efficient new library space.
- The week of August 17 is the last week of camp
- The camps have been very successful, averaging 10 campers a week
- Covid mitigation measures were properly followed and created a safe environment for the campers
- The library will sponsor an end of summer Zoom party and family picnic on August 26 at 5:30 PM
- The 2020 end of fiscal year budget report is nearly complete
- The current YTD budget is on track
- The trustees will need to discuss at their next meeting how to raise the approximately $10,000 in philanthropic revenue that is budgeted for the current fiscal year
Friends of the Library Report:
- Lynn Green is stepping down as president of the Friends group
- Lynn will continue to support special projects such as helping to create marketing and PR materials
- The trustees saluted Lynn for her very successful work that includes creating the “little library,” developing the story telling series, developing the Words project interviews and making Halloween parties fun and successful.
- Linda Hay, Leslie Malouin and Regan Anderson are new members of the Friends group
- The Friends will move to a non-hierarchical governance structure in which they will divide up responsibilities
- A number of the new Friends are enthusiastic about working on the library sponsored Halloween party and activities
Adjournment: The meeting was adjourned at 7:26 PM
Richard Wizansky, Trustee